Friday 21 January 2011

First Connection

This was the first time we connected on a live session. This is my second MOOC and sometimes I feel a bit lost about what to follow because there are so many things that people have been sharing about CCK11. Because the course itself is not a centralized one, and all the sources (let's say knowledge) is distributed accross a wide range of environments it's like jumping from one branch of a tree to another. However, I feel that this chaotic nature of this course shows the true characteristics of a connectivist approach to learning and teaching. Besides, I should admit that this is more fun but challanging maybe because I am used to being educated through centralized methods where the instructor was at the centre of all acitivites. In this course, however, even the facilitators do not seem to be at the centre. I must also add that I am benefiting from what other participants have to say about the concepts and themes we are discussing on various environments. This definitely adds to the diversity of opinions and gives me access to resources I wouldn't be able to access or create myself. I also created a Facebook group for this course and two videos posted on this group page helped me better clarify what connectivism is. The first one is below:




And here is the second one:



No comments:

Post a Comment